1. IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
Mereway Group are committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018, once enacted. Looking after the personal information you share with us is very important, and we want you to be confident that your personal data is kept safely and securely and to understand how we use it to offer you a better and more personalised shopping experience.
We have published this notice to help you understand:
- how and why Mereway collect information from you;
- who we share your information with, why and on what basis; and
- what your rights are.
If we make changes to this notice we will notify you by updating it on our website. Mereway will be what is known as the ‘Data Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us, and we will sometimes refer to ourselves in this notice as “we” or “us”. By Data Controller, this means Mereway determines the purposes and way in which any personal data are, or will be, processed.
Should you need to contact us please write to:
Mereway Kitchens, Marketing Department, Redfern Parkway, Tyseley, Birmingham, B11 2BF
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
2. THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Whether you are downloading or ordering a brochure, or searching for your nearest retailer with one of our third party retailers, we will ask you for
- your name
- your postal address
- your telephone number
- your email address
We may also collect sensitive personal information, where reasonably required, to ensure we comply with our legal requirements.
We may collect and process the following personal data about you:
- Information that you provide to us by filling in forms on our website
- In the course of supplying our goods to you
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them
- Details of your visits to our websites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access
3. HOW PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED AND WHY WE NEED IT
We collect data on our website via the following forms:
We need your name, postcode, postal address, phone number and email address so that we can set up an account for you and send copies of our brochures.
PLACING AN ORDER
4. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
Data Protection says that we are allowed to use and share your personal data only where we have a proper reason to do so. The law says we must have one or more of these reasons and these are:
- Contract - your personal information is processed in order to fulfil a contractual arrangement e.g. in order to send you your brochures.
- Consent – where you agree to us using your information in this way e.g. for storing your payment card details.
- Legitimate Interests - this means the interests of Mereway in managing our business to allow us to provide you with the best products and service in the most secure and appropriate way e.g. to transfer your data to certain Third Party’s such as delivery partners.
- Legal Obligation – where there is statutory or other legal requirement to share the information e.g. when we have to share your information for law enforcement purposes.
We will only disclose any information you provide to us to our network of approved retailers for operational purposes, if you consent to us doing so. We will not pass on your details to other companies for marketing purposes.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features which are sponsored or supplied by third parties
If our business or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our clients and customers will be one of the transferred assets.
|Purpose/Activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
|To register you as a new customer||
||Performance of a contract with you|
|To process and deliver your order||
To manage our relationship with you which will include:
|To enable you to partake in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey||
|To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)||
|To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you||
||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
|To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences||
||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
|To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you||
||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products/services and grow our business)|
5. WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH AND WHY
Mereway works with a number of trusted suppliers, agencies and businesses in order to provide you with the high-quality goods and services you expect from us such as delivery companies, credit reference agencies and market research companies amongst others.
Some examples of the categories of third parties with whom we share your data are:
In order for you to receive your brochures or remedial items, Mereway works with a number of delivery partners. Again, we only pass limited information to them in order to ensure delivery of your items.
Mereway works with businesses who support our website and other business systems.
We work with marketing companies who help us manage our electronic communications with you or carry out surveys and product reviews on our behalf.
Mereway works with trusted third party payment processing providers in order to securely take and manage payments.
Credit Reference Agencies
When you apply for an account with us we will make searches about you with credit reference agencies. We do this to make sure customers who apply for accounts are able to manage the level of credit offered and not committing fraud by providing false or inaccurate information.
6. HOW LONG WILL YOU USE MY PERSONAL DATA FOR?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
7. SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password and firewall protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted (using SSL technology).
Of course, data transmission over the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data sent over the internet and transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
8. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS
You are entitled to request the following from Mereway, these are called your Data Subject Rights and there is more information on these on the Information Commissioners website www.ico.org.uk
- Right of access –to request access to your personal information and information about how we process it
- Right to rectification –to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- Right to erasure (also known as the Right to be Forgotten) – to have your personal information erased. Contact Marketing on 0121 706 7844
- Right to restriction of processing – to restrict processing of your personal information
- Right to data portability - to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information in a standard form
- Right to object - to object to processing of your personal information
- Rights with regards to automated individual decision making, including profiling –rights relating to automated decision making, including profiling
If you have any general questions about your rights or want to exercise your rights please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
9. HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any requests concerning your personal information or any queries with regard to these practices, please contact:
By email: email@example.com
By post: Mereway Kitchens, Marketing Department, Redfern Parkway, Tyseley, Birmingham, B11 2BF
By phone: 0121 706 7844